“I’m proud to be part of the battle against cardiovascular disease which is the leading cause of death among women today.”
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certification in Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- Board Certified in Nuclear Cardiology
- Fellow of The American College of Cardiology
- Physician, Citrus Cardiology Consultants
- Physician, Cardiovascular Associates of Lake County
- Locum Tenens Physician-Cardiology, Kron Medical Corp
- Sub-Investigator – The Effect of LDL-Cholesterol Lowering Beyond Currently Recommended Minimum Targets on Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) Recurrence in Patients with Pre-Existing CHD, The TNT Trial. 981-117/258-102 Parke Davis and Pfizer, Inc.
- Sub-Investigator – The Diabetic CHF Trial: A 6 Month, Double Blind, Placebo Controlled, Multicenter Study of Troglitazone (CI-991) in Patients with Type II Diabetes and Congestive Heart Failure. Parke Davis Pharmaceuticals.
- Sub-Investigator – The ALIVE Trial: A Double Blind, Placebo Controlled, Parallel Design Study to Determine the Effect of 75 or 100 mg of Orally Administered Azimilide Dyhydrochloride versus Placebo on Survival in Recent Post Myocardial Infarction Patients at Risk of Sudden Death. Proctor & Gamble.
- Sub-Investigator – OVERTURE: Omapatrillat Versus Enalapril Randomized Trial of Utility in Reducing Events. Bristol Myers Squibb.
- Sub-Investigator – SPORTIF V – A Phase III, Multicenter, Randomized, Double Blind, Two Arm, Parallel Group Study Comparing the Effects of Melagatran vs. a Dose-Adjusted Vitamin K Antagonist (comparator). AstraZeneca.
- Sub-Investigator – PROVE IT-TIMI 22: Pravastatin Or Atorvastatin Evaluation and Infection Therapy. Bristol Myers Squibb.
- Sub-Investigator – SAFE: Silent Atrial Fibrillation Detection with Stored EGMs. Guidant.
Education & Training
- Chief Cardiology Fellowship – Illinois Masonic Medical Center/Chicago, IL
- Internal Medicine Residency – West Suburban Hospital/Oak Park, IL
- Internal Medicine Residency – Illinois Masonic Medical Center/Chicago, IL
- Internship-Fifth Pathway, Loyola University – Resurrection Hospital/Chicago, IL
- Medical School – Universidad Autonoma/Guadalajara, Mexico
- Bachelor of Science in Biology – University of Illinois/Chicago, IL
- Physical Diagnosis Instructor – Loyola University/Chicago, IL
- Florida State Medical License – #ME0060456
- North Dakota State Medical License – #6373 (inactive)
- California State Medical License – #50406 (inactive)
- Illinois State Medical License – #036-075-338 (inactive)
- New York State Medical License – #165460 (inactive)