“The entire staff at Citrus Cardiology is dedicated to excellence in patient care, honesty and the highest standard of ethics.“
Medical Education & Training
Cardiovascular Diseases, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Cardiac CT & MRI Imaging, Saint Francis Hospital, The Heart Center, NY
Internal Medicine, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, NY
Sri DevarajUrs Medical College, Bangalore University, India
MS. Health Education, St. Joseph’s University, Philadelphia
Interventional Cardiology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY
3D Echocardiography, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL
Non-Invasive Cardiologist, Bay Pines VA Healthcare System, FL
Florida State License
1.Maguire K, Leung C, Kodali V, Taylor B, Rojas CA, Guglin M. Heart Failure due to Tension Hydrothorax after Left Pneumonectomy. Heart Surg Forum. 2013 Dec 1;16(6):E319-23.
- El-Atat F, Sarkar K, Kodali V, Karajgikar R, Jakkulla M, Mares A, Sharma S, Kini A. A randomized pilot trial for aggressive therapeutic approaches in aspirin-resistant patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention. J Invasive Cardiol. 2011 Jan;23(1):9-13.
- Patel M, Kim M, Kodali V, Kaplish D, Lee P, Moreno P, Krishnan P, Sharma SK, Kini AS. Selection of Patients for Same-Day Discharge after Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: A Five-Year Experience. JACC Cardiovasc Interventions 2010 Aug;3(8):851-8.
- Reichek, N, Kodali V. Visualizing Myocardial Salvage: New Methods, New Insights. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2010 May;3(5):501-3.
- Singh P, Inamdar V, Hage FG, Kodali V, Karakus G, Suwanjutah T, Hsiung MC, Nanda NC. Usefulness of Live/Real Time Three-Dimensional Transthoracic Echocardiography in Evaluation of Prosthetic Valve Function. Echocardiography. 2009 Nov; 26(10) 1236-1249. PMID: 19929870.
- Karakus G, Kodali V, Inamdar V, Nanda NC, Suwanjutah T, Pothineni KR. Comparative assessment of left atrial appendage by transesophageal and combined two- and three-dimensional transthoracic echocardiography. Echocardiography. 2008 Sep; 25(8): 918-924. PMID: 18986422.
- Cunha BA, Krol V, Kodali V. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) mitral valve acute bacterial endocarditis (ABE) in a patient with Job’s syndrome (hyperimmunoglobulin E syndrome) successfully treated with linezolid and high-dose daptomycin. Heart Lung. 2008 Jan; 37(1): 72-75. PMID: 18206530.
- Kodali V, Cohen T.J, Naidu S.S., Bush; Alcohol Septal Ablation in the Cath Lab: What is it all about? EP Lab Digest – ISSN: 1535-2226 – Volume 8 – Issue 5 – May 2008 – Pages: 26 – 30.
ACC (Presented Abstracts)
- Kodali V, S K. Saha, Parcham-Azad K, R. Toole, AS. Gopal. Additive Value of 2D Speckle Tracking Strain to Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography For Improving Sensitivity of Detecting Coronary Artery Disease. Poster at ACC – 2011.
- Kodali V, Wang Y, Estrada E, Pollack S, Reichek N. Clinical and Cardiac Function Correlates of Aortic Pulse Wave Velocity measured by Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Normal Subjects. Poster at ACC – 2011.
- Kodali V, Petillo F, Pollack S, Reichek N, Barasch E. Preliminary Mechanistic Observations of Decrease Mitral Regurgitation Severity After Aortic Valve Replacement in Patients With Severe Isolated Aortic Stenosis and Functional Mitral Regurgitation. Poster presented at ACC – 2010.
- Kodali V, Petillo F, Pollack S, Reichek N, Barasch E. The Echocardiographic, Hemodynamic and Left Ventricular Afterload Characteristics of Patients with Severe Isolated Aortic Stenosis, Normal Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction and Absence of Left Ventricular Hypertrophy. Poster presented at ACC – 2010.
- Kodali V, Petillo F, Pollack S, Reichek N, Barasch E. The Association Between Arterial Hypertension and Severe Isolated Aortic Stenosis with Preserved Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction; Echocardiographic and Prognostic Insights. Poster presented at ACC – 2010.
- Tramontano A, Kodali V, DeLeon JR; Ragolia L. Prostaglandin D2 Synthase Isoforms and Diabetic Vasculopathy. Poster presented at ACC – 2008.
- Karakus G, MD; Kodali V, Pothineni KR, Inamdar V, Suwanjutah T, Nanda NC. Is There a Need to Perform a Transesophageal Echocardiogram to Evaluate the Left Atrium and Appendage for Thrombus? Poster presented at ACC – 2008.
AHA: (Presented Abstracts & Oral Presentation)
- Evidence Of Variability Of 2D Strain Measures In Human Subjects Referred For Routine Echocardiographic Examination. Kodali V, Saha SK, Toole RS, Chukwu EO, Gopal AS. Poster presented at AHA 2010.
- Routine Use of Bivalirudin Reduces Bleeding and Increases Ischemic Complications During Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Yarkoni A, Kini AS, Krishnan P, Kim MC, Moreno PR, Kodali V, Sharma SK. Oral presentation at AHA 2009.
SCMR: (Presented Abstracts & Oral Presentation)
- Kodali V, Wang Y, Estrada E, Pollack S, Reichek N. Correlates of Aortic Pulse wave velocity measured by cardiac MRI. Oral presentation at SCMR 2011.
- Kodali V, Janosevic D, Wang Y, Estrada E, Schapiro W, Pollack S, Reichek N. Correlates of aortic compliance and brachial artery flow mediated vasodilatation in normal subjects. Poster presented at SCMR 2010.
ISMRM (International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine):(Presented & Accepted Abstracts)
- Kodali V, Wang Y, Pollack S, Estrada E, Reichek N. Clinical and Cardiac Function Correlates of Aortic Pulse Wave Velocity measured by Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Normal Subjects. Poster presented at ISMRM 2011.
- Wang Y, Estrada E, Kodali V, Reichek N. Aortic Pulse Wave Velocity Evaluation with a Five Year Follow-up. Poster presented at ISMRM 2011.
- Wang Y, Pollack S, Kodali V, Reichek N. Aortic Compliance in Normals Correlates with Age and BMI. Poster presented at ISMRM 2010.
ASE: (Presented Abstracts & Oral Presentation)
- Kodali V, Saha SK, Toole RS, Gopal AS. Additive Value of Single Segment Regional Wall Motion Scoring During Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography With Regional Longitudinal Strain in Improving Sensitivity for Coronary Artery Disease. Oral presentation at at the ASE 2010.
- Kodali V, Saha SK, Toole RS, Gopal AS.. 2D Speckle Tracking Echocardiography for Rapid and Practical Estimation of Right Ventricular Ejection Fraction: A Comparison to 3D Echocardiography, 4D Echocardiography and Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Poster presented at the ASE 2010.
- Kiotsekoglou A, Kodali V, Moggridge JC, Govind SC, Govindan M, Brodin LA, Gopal AS, Saha SK. Biatrial Longitudinal Deformation Assessment in a Clinically Diverse Series of Outpatients Using Two-dimensional Speckle Tracking. Poster presented at ASE – 2010.
- Barasch E, Petillo F, Pollack S, Kodali V, Reichek N. Mitral valve anatomic and geometric changes after Aortic valve replacement in patients with severe aortic stenosis and with or without significant functional mitral regurgitation. Poster presented at ASE – 2010.
- S K. Saha, V. Kodali, R. Toole, SC. Govind, A. Kiotsekoglou, AS. Gopal Regional not global left ventricular strain differentiates subjects with coronary artery disease from those without: a two-dimensional strain study at rest. Poster presented at Euroecho – 2010
- S K. Saha, V. Kodali, R. Toole, SC. Govind, JC. Moggridge, A. Kiotsekoglou, AS. Improved sensitivity in diagnosing coronary artery disease with regional wall motion scoring during dobutamine stress echocardiography along with regional longitudinal strain than wall motion alone. Poster presented at Euroecho – 2010
ACC: (Florida Chapter)
- K Maguire, C Leung, V Kodali, B Taylor, M Guglin. Late Tension Hydrothorax Post Extrapleural Pneumonectomy Leading to Heart Failure with Constrictive Physiology, Resolved with Thoracentesis. Third place winner in Clinical Vignette category.
- M Haq, V Kodali, M Kaufman, M Guglin. Ebstein’s Anomaly, Wolffe-Parkinson-White Syndrome and Presumed Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy in a Single Patient: A Novel Case.
ACP: (Presented Abstracts)
- Kodali V; Inamdar V, Krol V. MRSA Acute Bacterial Endocarditis in a Patient with Job’s Syndrome. Abstract selected as Finalist. Poster presented at ACP National Conference 2007.
- Kodali V; Inamdar V, Kerwin TC. Recognizing Amyloid Cardiomyopathy. Abstract selected as Finalist. Poster presented at ACP NY Chapter Annual Conference 2007.
- Kodali V; Brar N, Inamdar V. Querry Fever. Poster presented at ACP NY Annual Conference 2008.
American College of Cardiology
Non-invasive Preventative Cardiology, Women’s Heart disease, Multimodality Cardiac Imaging – Cardiac CT, MRI., Echocardiography (Transthoracic, transesophageal, Peri-operative, 3D and strain imaging), Stress testing- myocardial perfusion & stress echocardiography
English, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada