“Caring, commitment, respect, integrity, communication, teamwork and professional growth. We strive to consistently improve ourselves and to always be leaders in these areas of our professional as well as personal lives.“
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certification in Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates
- Fellow of The American College of Cardiology
- Member, California Medical Association
- Physician, Citrus Cardiology Consultants
- Locum Tenens Physician, CompHealth
- Physician, Private Practice (Riverside, California; Crystal River, Florida; La Paz, Bolivia)
- Sub-Investigator – The Effect of LDL-Cholesterol Lowering Beyond Currently Recommended Minimum Targets on Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) Recurrence in Patients with Pre-Existing CHD, The TNT Trial. 981-117/258-102 Parke Davis and Pfizer, Inc.
- Sub-Investigator – The Diabetic CHF Trial: A 6 Month, Double Blind, Placebo Controlled, Multicenter Study of Troglitazone (CI-991) in Patients with Type II Diabetes and Congestive Heart Failure. Parke Davis Pharmaceuticals.
- Sub-Investigator – The ALIVE Trial: A Double Blind, Placebo Controlled, Parallel Design Study to Determine the Effect of 75 or 100 mg of Orally Administered Azimilide Dyhydrochloride versus Placebo on Survival in Recent Post Myocardial Infarction Patients at Risk of Sudden Death. Proctor & Gamble.
- Sub-Investigator – OVERTURE: Omapatrillat Versus Enalapril Randomized Trial of Utility in Reducing Events. Bristol Myers Squibb.
- Sub-Investigator – SPORTIF V – A Phase III, Multicenter, Randomized, Double Blind, Two Arm, Parallel Group Study Comparing the Effects of Melagatran vs. a Dose-Adjusted Vitamin K Antagonist (comparator). AstraZeneca.
- Sub-Investigator – PROVE IT-TIMI 22: Pravastatin Or Atorvastatin Evaluation and Infection Therapy. Bristol Myers Squibb.
- Sub-Investigator – SAFE: Silent Atrial Fibrillation Detection with Stored EGMs. Guidant.
Education & Training
- Adult Cardiology Fellowship – Christ Hospital/Oak Lawn Illinois
- Adult Cardiology Fellowship – Beth Israel Medical Center/New York, NY
- Internal Medicine Residency – The St. Mary’s Hospital/Waterbury, CT
- Medical School – Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Bachelor in Science – German College
- Florida State Medical License – #ME0044436
- California State Medical License – #C42288 (inactive)
- Illinois State Medical License – #036-063-660 (inactive)
- Maine State Medical License – 9509 (inactive)